Jun 19, 2018
The moment at which you receive the keys to your new home is a proud one, and you can’t wait to share the joy with your loved ones. But before you begin the celebrations of your new homeownership, here are some important things that you should attend to right away.
1. Store all the property documents safely: It is important to make a few copies of all the original property documents and store them safely. You will need many of these documents for home loan purposes as well. You can store some copies of these documents digitally and lock away the original documents safely.
2. Get a copy of the sale deed: The sale deed is the one of the first and most important documents that legally verifies your status as the owner of the property. Make sure to get hold of the sale deed as soon as possible.
3. Have the property tax records updated: It is essential to have the property tax records updated at the office of the local municipal authorities. In case you fail to do so, you will continue to pay property tax while the receipts will be issued in the name of the previous owner of the property.
4. Acquire the society share certificate: By producing a copy of the sale deed at the office of the builder or of the residential complex, you can obtain a society share certificate. This certificate is mandatory if you wish to undertake any renovation in your flat.
5. Update the address on all your documents: Ensure that you update your residential address on important documents like your passport, Aadhaar Card and Voter ID. It is also essential to have the ownership of water and electricity meters of the home transferred in your name.
Looking to buy a home in Mumbai? Runwal Greens, a luxury residential project by the Runwal Group, presents 3, 3.5 & 4 BHK flats in Mulund West. Discover your dream home at Runwal Greens Mulund.
Next to Fortis Hospital,
Mulund Goregaon Link Road,
Mulund (W), Mumbai - 400 080.
The project has been registered via MahaRERA registration number:P51800000271 (T5 - T8) and is available on the website https://maharera.mahaonline.gov.in under registered projects.
Details of the projects are available on https://maharerait.mahaonline.gov.in/ which are updated by the company from time to time as per the requirements of Rules framed under RERA Act 2016. You are advised that any communication regarding our project’s specifications, amenities and other relevant details with the prospective customers should strictly be as per the details available on the MAHARERA website. The plans, specifications, images and other details herein are only indicative and the developer/owner reserves the right to change any or all of these in the interest of the development as per applicable rules & regulations.Any purchaser/lessee of this development shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the agreement for sale/lease to be entered into between the parties and no details mentioned here shall in any way govern such transaction.